So, Paul took the PAT on Saturday, Portland's physical agility test. It's a complicated, rigorous, and draining sort of firefighter obstacle course that you have to complete in under 8 min, 2 sec in order to pass. My firefighter finished in 6min 57 sec!! I'm so proud of him. So that completed step 2 of his 3-part interview process to get hired with Portland Fire.
We spent about 6 hours this weekend preparing for his interview with 4 of the higher-ups from Portland Fire, including the head of the entire department! I know he was ready, and that all they had to do was see the look in his eyes to know he was MEANT to be a firefighter. He feels pretty good about the interview, and remains very optimistic that things will go his way.
So now we wait. We hope to hear in the next couple of weeks whether he gets hired, and the first round of trainees enter the academy in December. So send us your good karma! I'll keep you posted!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow Paul I'm so proud of you!!!!!!
That's amazing for him to finish so quickly. i have been so hopefull that he would be happy with his preformance. I just knew he could do it. I know he will be among the first group hired. He will always be the best at what ever he chooses to do.
Love from Proud MaMa
That anonymous reply is me Cindy
I have been thinking of you both all week and sending my good thoughts and wishes. Paul, I am certain like Cindy that you will be among the first hired! Your intelligence, skill and passion for what you do is limitless and will be rewarded, I'm sure!
Love, A. Sandi
Post a Comment