Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My New Official Favorite Hike in Forest Park.

This past Sunday, Paul and I took the boys to Forest Park. I convinced Paul to go to the spot I had wanted to go to the weekend before, but it had been too crowded. I was so happy we did go there! It was not crowded at all, and I think it is officially my favorite hike! It was beautiful there, all snowy which was an added surprise. The hills are just hard enough to push me but not so hard to turn me on to witch-mode (ask Paul if you really wanna know what this is...).Here's the boys, ready to hit the trail! They were so excited, rolling on the snow and bouncing all over it.
This is my view for much of our hikes, and I can't really complain. Seeing those tails wagging, my boys so happy to be on the trail. And let's face it, Paul has a great butt.Gaius, the little man that he is, always turns around to check and see where I am if I get too far behind. Just making sure I'm still coming!
There's me, just to show I really was there. After the first part of the trail, I actually did a little bit of trail jogging! The boys ran ahead with me, loving the chance to go faster.

Paul didn't wanna jog for fear of hurting his shins, since he didn't have trail runners on. Well, once I slowed down to catch my breath the boys instantly started looking for papa. Come on, papa, catch up!There he is!
A beautiful shot of the snow on the trees.
The ending point of our hike on the trail. It felt great to make it there, even though we were under a tightened time-frame.
Here's a shot of the power lines, as we started our way back.
Paul and Hoban, starting to get tired of all the pictures. Let's get going already, mama!
Not the best picture, but we're all in it! Tired and happy from a great hike, the whole family getting in the car. Thanks, babe, for a wonderful day. Thanks, boys, for making everything happier!!

1 comment:

Lauren Wendy said...

I LOVE the last picture! I love how the boys have their faces all smooshed in with you guys! So cute! Great family shot!